Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab margin interest transactions mapping error

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Downloaded Schwab margin interest items are displayed in the preview of downloaded transactions as blank-name and a value. And displayed in Portfolio Editor as if they were investments -- with a blank security name, and the info

margin interest for [startdate] - [enddate]

in the memo field of the transaction.

The offsetting redemption in the default cash account is anonymous, except that it shows the following in the memo field:

"Distributed Account Fee from "

Until the data stream is debugged, should I hide these investments? I want to be able to total the margin interest for tax reporting.

Thanks for your help on this.

Dean
Dean

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Dean,

It sounds like the OFX download in this case is providing an empty name for the margin account. You can simply modify the margin investment name under the Investment Properties dialog. If you'd like to see more details on why this name is being defaulted to an empty string, take a look at the xmldump.txt file after doing a retrieve. The transactions are listed in one section, and the security details are listed below, with the CUSIP being the linking factor. For more, read the bottom of this page:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tintrtv.html

You can email or post this file if you'd like, and I can take a look for you as well.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General