Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Invisible Master Portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 2whiteroses » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:47 am

My Master Portfolio disappears on screen. When I try opening, a black screen appears momentarily but then disappears. I can successfully update prices, but I can no longer view the graphs. If I close the portfolio, I can view the individual stocks in the portfolio (proving the price update worked) opening them one by one, but not as a portfolio. If I try opening an individual stock without closing the invisible portfolio, I get a message telling me "The individual investment file is already open in Master Portfolio..." I have two other portfolios and I have no problem viewing them. I am using Version 7.8 Personal and Windows XP fully up to date. How do I fix this?
2whiteroses

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:26 am

Hello 2whiteroses,

Can you see the Portfolio Editor window? If not, just open it using "View / Portfolio Editor". If you don't see this menu command, then you are already in the Portfolio Editor. It may be that some of your windows are off the visible portion of your screen. Try using "Window / Cascade" to get them back. It sounds like your data is open okay, but your windows are either closed or off the screen.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 2whiteroses » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Thanks, Mark -
That solved the problem.... You were exactly right.... I wonder, rhetorically, what happened? No matter. It was a quick and easy fix thanks to you.... Now, can you fix the downward direction of some of my graphs????? :lol:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
2whiteroses

Return to General