Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Error Message 10022

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby dennis1339 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:28 pm

I get Error Message 10022 when trying to update stock prices. I've tried numerous things to fix this, including disabling my firewall, restoring computer to earlier date, and re-installing Fund Manger. Nothing has fixed the probelm. I get the 10022 error message as well when I check for FM updates. I've tried using the MSN server and get the same error code. My Yahoo internet connection is working just fine. What could be causing this issue?
dennis1339

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:04 am

Hi dennis1339,

This is a pretty unusual error. Do you get this for any quote server you use? What if you just retrieve prices for a single investment by right mouse clicking on the investment and selecting "Retrieve Selected Prices"? Do you get the error message this way also?

What version of Fund Manager and what quote module version are you using? See "Help / About...". What version of Windows are you using?

You can also try turning on the option "Options / Internet Settings... / Proxy Server / Use Windows Settings", and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dennis1339 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Problems seens to only affect Fund Manager. I can get quotes from brokerage and internet sites and download to quicken. Have FM version 7.8, quote module 370, transaction module 114. I got same error with FM version 8.8. I tried right clicking single investment price, and I tried options proxy server/use windows settings. Neither fixed the problem. Do you think I have a windows software issue, or maybe a hard drive issue?
dennis1339

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi dennis1339,

I'm not sure what the issue is. When you turned on "Use Windows Settings", and then retrieved prices, what error did you get? It should have been different from the earlier error.

Also, I would check any software firewall program you may be using, and make sure you have given FM permission to access the internet.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dennis1339 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:25 pm

I got error message 12029 when checking box "use windows settings". I enabled the firewall exception for FM. I'm thinking it might be a systems issue, maybe a windows registry issue. Could be anything I suppose. I have Win Xp IE 7.0.5 Thanks for any thoughts.
dennis1339

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Dennis1339,

The 12029 error is usually due to a firewall. As an experiment you could temporarily try turning off your firewall completely. If that solves the problem, you know you need to correct the exceptions to allow Fund Manager access.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General