Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Allowed Transactions in OFX

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby QEC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 am

The company I'm doing business with does not have an OFX server but does allow transaction downloads to Excel. I have a program to convert the excel data to an OFX file but am having problems with things like Expenses and Interest. My question is what transactions and their designations (ex. BUY, SELL, etc.) are premitted in an import to FM? I can modify the program to accomodate FM once I have this info. I am new to FM and am in the evaluation stage.

QC
QEC

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi QC,

It may be easier to just import directly from Excel (CSV format) instead of going through the OFX converter. You can use "File / Import / Transactions / Generic..." to import from a CSV file. Press the "Help" button in this dialog for detailed instructions, along with transaction codes for all the types of transactions you can import.

If you prefer to stick with the OFX converter method, we don't document the required format, but the OFX documentation is available at ofx.net. Fund Manager supports all the investment transaction codes.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General