Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Update Transactions Causes Incorrect Value

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby alvinshaffer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Just started testing your program (really like it so far) but I am having one problem. I set up on master portfolio with 5 different sub-portfolios. Everything works great automatically pulling all data from my brokers. I get into problems the next day when I try to update transactions and historical prices. I press the TRN and HST button for the master portfolio which updates everything but after I do this when I run the value graph my total balance is a good bit higher than my true balance.

Any ideas? Using personal version..

Thanks
alvinshaffer

Postby alvinshaffer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Def seams to be something funny with the way its handling cash and the MMDA1 - which do I choose as the default cash account??
alvinshaffer

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Hello alvinshaffer,

Try reconciling your accounts, and see where the share balances are off. This will highlight any differences. You should choose whichever cash investment you want proceeds to go out of/into when you make any other transaction in that account. Usually you'll just have one cash account. Maybe you need to consolidate if you have 2 cash accounts.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General