Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Bizarre date in status area of data register

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby cbenenax » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:41 pm

I just noticed this status line in the Data Register of the cash account of one of my IRAs:
ScreenHunter_70 Jan. 11 13.27.jpg
ScreenHunter_70 Jan. 11 13.27.jpg (5.79 KiB) Viewed 343 times

In looking through the backups I have of my Fund Manager data files, the "as of 4/27/26" line has apparently been in the file at least since last July (the oldest backup I still have). There are no items in the the register dated later than 12/29/2023.

Also, now (for the first time) I have a discrepancy that I cannot explain of $625.46 between the shown balance and the balance reported by my brokerage.

Any ideas?
cbenenax

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:59 pm

Hi cbenenax,

That text (as of 4/27/26) indicates you have a price recorded on that date. Change the "Data type" in the upper-right of the Data Register to "Prices", and you should see this price. You probably want to delete it, unless you've added it for some reason.

The value of any investment is always the share price times the number of shares, so if the value is wrong, look at the share price and shares, to see which one(s) need correcting. If both the shares and share price are correct (matching with your broker), then the value will too.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cbenenax » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:11 pm

Thank you. Don't know how they got there but I deleted 3 prices with weird dates and the status message is now correct. Reassured that there is no corruption of the data files, I will go back to trying to balance my account.
cbenenax

Return to General