Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Currency template errors

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Vandring » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:35 am

I have started having problems using currency templates that have worked fine for several years. Now, when I try to select a template I get a message that the currency investment file is missing. But I have verified that the currency dat file ins in the investment directory.

This started after I recovered a backup and set up a new investment directory.

The very strange thing is that now, no matter how far I go back, the currency templates are no longer working. Yet they have been working fine for several years.

See screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot-Cur-Temp.jpg
Screenshot-Cur-Temp.jpg (154.53 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Vandring

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:55 am

Hi Vandring,

It sounds like the investment file is on your hard drive, but not actually "open" in Fund Manager. Use the Portfolio Editor, and go to the sub-portfolio where you're keeping your exchange rate investments, and then use "File / Open Investment(s)..." to go open the investment file in question.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Vandring » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:59 am

I'm afraid that didn't do it. I tried to Open the currency investments, but was given the message that the files were already open. Then I closed every currency file, and created new ones. When I go to the template, it works ok if I use only one template. When I try to create a new template, then I still get the error shown in the screenshot
Vandring

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:00 am

Hi Vandring,

When I try to create a new template, then I still get the error shown in the screenshot

If you go to "Edit Template List..." and press "New...", enter a name, and press "OK", you get this error?

That error is stating that it's looking for an open investment file SEKNOKX_1.dat in the same folder as your currently opened *.mm4 portfolio file. You can confirm you have this file open. Look at the "Properties..." of any sub-portfolio, and look at the "Filename" to see the full path. Then, go make sure you have SEKNOKX_1.dat open from this same folder. Maybe you have that file in multiple folders, and you have a different one open now?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Vandring » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:53 am

The problem with the error message comes, not when I cre4ate a new template, but when I try to select one.

My mm4 portfolio file in in D:/FundManager/
My investments, including currency, are all stored in D:/FundManager/Investments
I checked FILE->FILE OPERATIONS -> SET FILE LOCATION and the current file location is set to D:/FundManager/Investments
Vandring

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:50 pm

Hi Vandring,

You said:

My mm4 portfolio file in in D:/FundManager/My investments

Is this a typo? Because you later said everything was in a different folder:

D:/FundManager/Investments

Did you really mean to say your mm4 portfolio file is in: D:/FundManager/Investments ? It may seem like a small difference, but if it really is a different folder, that would be important. If everything really is in D:/FundManager/Investments then do you have the file: D:/FundManager/Investments/SEKNOKX_1.dat open?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Vandring » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:12 pm

Thank you for catching that. I must of missed hitting enter.

My mm4 portfolio is in D:/FundManager/

My investments are in a directory: D:/FundManager/Investments
Vandring

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:10 pm

Actually, I think I misread it... I believe this is the reason though. Your template is looking for a file at:

D:/FundManager/SEKNOKX_1.dat

but you have it open from:

D:/FundManager/Investments/SEKNOKX_1.dat

If that is where you want your investments, you can re-save the template(s), and delete the problematic one(s). Or, you could move your portfolio file into the folder with your investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General