Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Hiding 0 balance

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby larryw » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:04 am

I used to hide my $0 balance investments in both Portfolio Editor and reports but now I can't seem to be able to do that. I've selected Hide Sold Investments from menu but all $0 balance investments continue to show. What am I doing wrong?

Fund Manager Personal
larryw

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:53 pm

Hi larryw,

Do you have "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" un-checked? If you look at the properties of one of these $0 investments, is the "Hidden" attribute checked?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:11 pm

The View/Hidden Investments is not checked and when I looked at property of $0 is was not checked as Hidden. I checked Hidden and it disappeared.

Odd, but I then went back to File Operations/Hide Sold Investments on one of the accounts. This time is marked the $0 as hidden and so I didn't see them. I went to another account and did the same and it too hid the sold investments yet when I went to a third and went though the same routine that account did not hide any and I don't know why.
larryw

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi larryw,

If the "Hide Sold Investments" isn't hiding something, it might be that you don't own exactly 0 shares. Maybe you still own a small fraction somehow. Look at this investment in the Data Register, and look at the bottom where it shows "Share Balance". If it doesn't show exactly 0 shares, then you'd need to correct whatever transactions are resulting in a small fractional share balance.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:16 pm

I check 5 of them and they all show 0 shares. Most only had activity of any kind over the last 2-3 months.

I can manually check Hide in the properties and it will no longer be displayed but before I go through that I'd like to be confident I'm not messing up something else.
larryw

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm

Hi larryw,

Manually marking them as hidden is completely fine.

One other possible reason why the "Hide Sold Investments" might not have hidden them is if you specified a date range that covered any time period where you owned some shares. If you want to hide investments that you don't own as of today, enter today for both the start and end dates in that dialog where is asks for a Date Range.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General