Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to put subportfolio in a master portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby tomseeley » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:39 pm

I feel dumb. I've forgotten how to create a top level portfolio and put existing portfolios into it as sub-portfolios in the first place. I've watched the portfolio editor tutorial and the sub-portfolios tutorial but both start with a master that already has one or more sub-portfolios already in it.

I want:

2023 Master by Sub-Folio
Tom IRA (existing portfolio)
Spouse IRA (existing portfolio)

etc
tomseeley

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:16 am

Hi tomseeley,

Are the "Tom IRA" and "Spouse IRA" each their own *.mm4 file? If so, you'll want to use copy/paste. Like this:

1) Open Tom IRA.mm4, select the topmost sub-portfolio
2) Select "Edit / Copy"
3) Use "File / Close Portfolio"
4) Select the "Master Portfolio" topmost sub-portfolio and choose "Edit / Paste"
5) Use "File / Save Portfolio As..." and give it a filename, different than your existing .mm4 files
6) Use "File / Open Portfolio..." and open up "Spouse IRA.mm4", select the topmost sub-portfolio
7) Select "Edit / Copy"
8) Use "File / Open Portfolio..." and open up the .mm4 file created in step 5, select the topmost sub-portfolio
9) Select the "Master Portfolio" topmost sub-portfolio and choose "Edit / Paste"
10 "File / Save Portfolio"

It looks like a lot of steps, but it is basically opening up a .mm4 file, copying, switching to the desired destination .mm4 file, and pasting.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tomseeley » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:48 pm

Bingo! We have a winner!

Thank you very much.
tomseeley

Return to General