Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Any new support for TIPS in FM 2024?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby DukeWeston » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:50 am

I have some TIPS bonds and would like to see the valuation of my holding in FM, which is greatly underreported as it doesn't take into account the inflation accrued principal.

Over the years there have been posts on this board requesting support or workarounds for TIPS. As far as I can tell there hasn't been any solution other than manually editing the price in FM to take into account the daily inflation factor (called Index Ratio by the Treasury).

I'm using Fund Manager Personal 2022. In the release notes for the new version FM 2024 I see no mention of TIPS sadly, but I see a new field for Bond Investments called Face Value per Share. Where is this used ? Could it be used to fudge an inflation factor for a TIPS to calculate the valuation more accurately?
DukeWeston

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:24 am

Hi DukeWeston,

The new "Face Value Per Share" allows you to change the multiplier between number of shares and the face value of the bond. In the past this was fixed at 100, but it now user-adjustable. This multiplier will not change the market value of your bonds. That is determined by the shares and price. The FV will control how much accrued interest you have, but not the market value.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General