Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

recording/ retrieving sectors

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby JeanneMarie » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:51 am

When I retrieve transactions, there's a setting under ADVANCED OPTIONS to update closing prices.

Is retrieving sectors also automatic? Or are sectors only retrieved manually (with EDIT > INTERNET RETRIEVE > SECTORS)? My real concern is not retrieving but eliminating any automatic retrieval.

I know I've checked that little box in the SECTOR panel of investment properties. But I also know I haven't always remembered to do so. Is there any export or custom report field that would make it easier for me to check on that? just in case it might matter one day?

Many thanks,
Jeanne
Fund Manager 2022.17.7.100
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:11 am

Hi Jeanne,

Retrieving transactions never retrieves/updates any sector information.

Which property/option are you specifically asking about? Are you asking about "Investment Properties... / Sector / Do Not Update When Retrieving Sectors"? Unfortunately, no, that isn't available to display in a Custom report or as an export option, although it would be good if that were an option...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JeanneMarie » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:39 am

Okay, then sector retrieval is strictly manual, which is just fine. Ergo, it sounds like I don't really need to concern myself with whether I remembered each checkbox. Thanks.

Yes, you identified the correct little check box. And it is always great to be able to quickly review any setting across many many records in any database. If I may make a suggestion: you could perhaps append two fields to the sector CSV file you already make available (one for the do-not-update checkbox and one for the apply-to-all checkbox). Of course, I recognize that I may be wildly underestimating the task.

Cheers! and thanks again.
JeanneMarie

Return to General