Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem after corrupt Windows User ID

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rodiy2k » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:10 pm

I had a corruption of my user ID on Windows 10. I created a new user ID and copied all my FM files into it. I can now see, view and update my portfolios but FM thinks I am using an unlicensed evaluation copy. I am currently on version 2022.17.7.100 and had planned on upgrading via purchase anyway to the 2024 version. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do to get my license number back? I assume it may stop updating without purchase after 30 days. If I click buy, it only wants me to upgrade to 2024 version
Thanks
rodiy2k

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:09 pm

Hi rodiy2k,

You can request your license be resent to you by going here. You just need to enter the email you used when you purchased, and it will be resent to you at that address. Once you have your license, copy it from the email, and paste it into Fund Manager under "Help / Enter License Key...".

The license key is stored in the registry, and it sounds like you didn't get your registry data transferred over when this issue happened. You might also be missing many of your preferences. If you restore from a *.FMB backup file, you can restore your global registry preferences only, so you get all these preferences (and your license) restored. You can use "File / Restore..." to do this and just choose to only restore the selected items, and choose the global registry preferences in the list on the left.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General