Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab Transaction Retrieve

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Max » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:23 pm

Schwab recently merged accounts from TD Ameritrade. I had two accounts at TD that I track in separate FM sub portfolios. Never had an issue with transaction retrieve to the two accounts with TD. Schwab converted my TD retirement account several weeks ago and I successfully used the transaction retrieve for the new Schwab account - no issues. Last week, Schwab converted the taxable TD account and now I get FM errors every time I use transaction retrieve for at least one of the two accounts:

"Unable to Verify token file. Use Get Access Code... to obtain a new access code"

I've gone through the FM process to get a new access code multiple times for each account and I continue to get this error. Why do I continue to get this error?
Max

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:35 am

Hi Max,

When you get the access code, are you choosing to enable all your accounts on Schwab's site? Are you using the same access code on both accounts? You want to do this. You only need to use "Get Access Code..." once, and use that same access code (copy/paste) on all your accounts. For some more tips, see this:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... ersion.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Max » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:37 am

Thanks Mark,
Yes, I chose to enable all accounts after logging in to Schwab. What was confusing is that the user must link a 128 bit? key for the FM access code and a second key for the account number. AND, use the same access code for each account. I don't want to test, but it seems that the user must go through the access code request process for each FM sub portfolio in order to get the keys for each account number then copy the working access code to the account that errors on retrieve.

I copied the access code from the working retrieve and it works now.

Thank you.
Max

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:16 pm

Hi Max,

Glad you have it working. You can either go through the "Get Access Code..." multiple times as you suggested, or just copy/paste the Access Code between accounts when setting them up. If you erase the account number, so it is blank, the first time you retrieve you'll be prompted with a list of pseudo account numbers available to you.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General