Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Program Crashed when retrieving Charles Schwab access code

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby ToddS » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi Mark,

I upgraded to version 2022 and am running FM on a Mac using CrossOver. When I try to retrieve an Access Code for Charles Schwab, it redirects me to the Charles Schwab website where I am able to successfully login and give permissions to my accounts. However, when I click Done on the Charles Schwab website, FM errors with the message "Program crashed. Error writing dump file." Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Best Regards,
Todd
ToddS

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:25 am

Hi Todd,

That is a difficult one... I'm not sure. Maybe see if there is an updated version of Crossover available? If you have access to a Windows PC you could get the access code on there, and then copy over the relevant files to your Mac, so you can bypass the Get Access Code process on the Mac. If you'd like to do this, please let me know, and I can put together some steps.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ToddS » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:52 pm

Hi Mark,

I was able to generate the access code using a windows PC. Please provide the instructions for copying the files over to my Mac.

Thank you,
Todd
ToddS

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:12 pm

Hi Todd,

The easiest way would be is if you have all your data on the PC, use "File / Backup...". Take that *.FMB file to your other computer (Mac) and use "File / Restore...". In the list of items to restore you should see "Transactions Access Code". Restore this, and your data, and you should be all set.

If for some reason you don't want to use Backup/Restore, you can manually copy over the file from the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

There is a file with the <Access_Code>.txt filename you'd need to copy. You'd also need to manually enter the access code into the properties of your sub-portfolios you want to retrieve. The backup/restore is a bit easier, but both will work.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General