Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Ameritrade to Schwab - existing accounts in both

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby TudorP » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:54 am

Hi there. My TDAmeritrade recently got merged into my existing Charles Scwab account. What's the best way to proceed in FundManager, given that I had both accounts existing in FM and both with separate Retrieve Transactions settings?

Thank you!
Tudor
TudorP

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:51 am

Hi Tudor,

Since you already have an existing Schwab account enabled for retrieval and the new account is under your existing login, you can use that same access code for your new account.

Go into the Properties... of your existing Schwab account and under "Transaction Retrieve Settings..." copy the "Access Code" you have now. Next, go into the TD sub-portfolio, and change the name, and under "Transaction Retrieve Settings..." change it to "Charles Schwab - NEW" and paste in the access code. Erase the account number that was for your old TD account, leaving it blank. Now, the first time you retrieve transactions for this account you'll be prompted with a list of available account numbers, choose the one for this new account.

In the event it isn't listed as available, you may have to go back and use "Get Access Code..." to get a new access code from Schwab, and choose to enable this new account for access by Fund Manager.

For more info on using Charles Schwab - NEW, see the documentation here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... ersion.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General