Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Merging portfolios

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby kurzmack » Fri May 01, 2009 11:00 am

I recently transferred my Wachovia IRA to my fidelity IRA. These were two different portfolios. Is there some way to merge the data from my Wachovia portfolio into the Fidelity portfolio so I am left with a single portfolio and don't lose the data from the Wachovia stocks. In this case, there were no overlapping stocks, but in the general case there could be.
kurzmack

Postby Mark » Fri May 01, 2009 11:32 am

Hi kurzmack,

The easiest thing to do in your case is to just move all the investment files in your Wachovia sub-portfolio into your Fidelity sub-portfolio. You can do this in the Portfolio Editor. Just select all the investments in Wachovia, and drag them from the right side over onto the Fidelity sub-portfolio on the left hand side. After you've moved all the investments, you can close your Wachovia sub-portfolio.

The above method works fine in your case, since you don't have overlapping stocks. If you did, you would want to use the "Transfer Between" wizard to move shares from one investment file to another. You could still use this method in your case if you prefer to keep the Wachovia sub-portfolio, but it is more work, as you must do each investment separately.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General