Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

investments Not Updating

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby webbdane » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:58 pm

Hi Mark. Over the last few months I’ve been receiving an error message about several investments not updating. The reason they’re not updating is because the stocks/companies have merged, and the symbols no longer exist. I’ve gone out to each of the securities, and changed, or removed the ticker symbols, but I still have 3 symbols where this is occurring. The problem is, I think I’ve changed them all, and don’t know where the symbols are located? Do you have any suggestions for how I can track them down? I’m a long time user, so have a lot of securities saved. Thanks for your help!
webbdane

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:29 am

Hi webbdane,

There are a couple of ways, but probably the easiest is to look in the price retrieve log file under "Help / Logs / Price Retrieve..." after a failed retrieve. It will show you which investments failed to update, and their location in the sub-portfolio hierarchy. You'll see something like this:

WARNING - Unable to update: "junk123" ((junk123) junk in Master Portfolio/Holdings/Retirement)

Another method is to use the "Edit / Find..." with "Search For" set to "Investment" and the "In Field" set to "Symbol".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby webbdane » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:54 pm

Thanks! The edit find worked perfect, and made me realize I had some investments that were hidden, which is why I couldn’t find them.

Happy new year!
webbdane

Return to General