Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Possible new feature

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4MoreProfits » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:04 am

Mark,
I know you can choose the number of graphs displayed 1,4 or 9 and it just shrinks the graphs down But I never use them because every time I change to a new investment the display goes back to 1. I also know that if you have multiple graphs open you need to select the focus of each graph and select the a investment from the same portfolio if using multiple portfolios.

I would like to see something a little different. Basically It would be graph container type (Something like an Active X container) with 2 graphs, one above the other. You could chose any of the other types of graphs to use in the container. You would inset the container instead of the existing graphs and then configure the Top graph from the existing selection of graphs and then the bottom from the existing selection of graphs. If you wanted to change one or both of the trends you would just right mouse click to pop up the container configuration box.

The graphs in the container would both show the same investment, time span and the crosshair cursor would be displayed across both trends, so you can easily compare the trend lines of each graph. This would eliminate the problem of having to sync the portfolios for multiple trends.
I have attached a picture of what the result could look like. When you select a crosshairs cursor it would span both graphs if you change the trend span it would change in both graphs, so working on container would change both graphs for investment selection, zooming and span.
Thanks,
Jim
4MoreProfits

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback/idea. I think you forgot the attachment, but I kind of get the idea. I can see the benefit of keeping 2 different graphs more automatically in sync.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General