Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Symbol/Server combination error

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby larryw » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:33 am

Since October after receiving updates from Yahoo-Historical I've received a message that two symbol/server combination unable to update.

Both items are Treasury Notes and were just added by my investment company. I can see that there are no Symbols shown on their web site and when I look at the Portfolio Editor they both show the date of last update in FM.

Is there special handling for these type of accounts? All FM message displays is 912828D9 and 91282CFN6.
larryw

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:41 am

Hi larryw,

If you have an investment that is not listed on the quote server you're using, then you can either try and find it on a different quote server, or disable price retrieve for that investment. You can use your web browser to visit whatever quote server you want to use, and see if you can find it on that server. If so, enter the symbol used by that server in FM. We have links to, and instructions for, all the quote servers here.

If you're not able to find your investment on a quote server, you can disable price retrieve at "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve / Retrieve Price". You can still get the price updated by retrieving transactions, which will also update the price from your broker. Or, you can manually update the price.

For more info, please read this FAQ and/or watch this tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General