Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Time Axis

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby marshg246 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:13 pm

I like my portfolios and all investments to be on TRN (earliest transaction to date). They are randomly switching to PRC. I was pretty sure I was causing it, but yesterday I set all to TRN, double checked that all were TRN and closed. When I opened today without touching anything, my Master Portfolio was PRC. Also, on checking 13 investments of 22 in that portfolio were on PRC as well. If I'm, causing it I don't know how.
marshg246

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:21 am

Hi marshg246,

If the date range of PRC and TRN are the same, FM will set the combo box selection on the toolbar to PRC, unless it is already on TRN. If you wanted to prevent this from being a possibility, record an extra price point before your earliest transaction, so TRN and PRC won't be the same.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby marshg246 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:45 pm

On my mast portfolio me first price and trans are 1/1/1999 according to the display in f5 but the earliest trans in the list is 11/20/19 and the earliest price is 2/2/18.

One investment earliest price in f5 4/1/10 and earliest trans shown 3/16/13. In TRN the graph uses the full width and starts at 3/6/13. In PRC it uses about 4/5 of the width and starts wat 3/8/13.

The stock that set my first price and transaction have matching 1/1/1999 - PRC and TRN display exactly the same and full width so I don't care which is used.

A fund in PRC has the graph starting 4/1/10 and in TRN 11/26/19. So, I can understand that it's showing the truth, but that's not really my question. I would like the graphs to take the full width and PRC often does not do that - TRN does.

Between inheriting, transferring on death, buying, and selling my first price and first trans are often different. Also, I'll watch stock for a while before buying.
marshg246

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi marshg246,

If you prefer TRN, you can use that, no problem. I was just saying that if your first price point starts on the same day as your first transaction, the drop-down may show PRC even if you previously set it to TRN. The date range will be the same.

It sounds like you're using a value based graph, so plotting a value before you owned any shares will just show 0, so you're not utilizing that part of the screen in a value based graph window.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby marshg246 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:48 pm

Never mind - I'm always amazed when my English is not good enough to explain an issue - there's certainly no point in trying further.

Thank you, I love the product and have used it a long time. Just have this one annoyance.
marshg246

Return to General