Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Investment Type Options User-defined Bond data type

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Houstonwb » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:48 pm

I see how to specify User-defined labels in Investment Type Options. I am trying to create a User-defined Bond. How does one specify a User-defined type that is not the default Stock data type?
Houstonwb

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:02 am

Hi Houstonwb,

All investment types are the same in terms of functionality. You can use those user-defined labels to categorize your different investment types. No matter the investment type selected you can enter in all the same information, for example Income Properties. The one caveat to this is the New Investment dialog will only show the Income Properties by default for the Treasury Bill and Bond investment types. If you're not using Treasury Bill, you could rename that to whatever bond type you want. Even without entering these properties on the New Investment dialog, you can still go into "Investment Properties..." after creating the investment, and enter in all the same details. It is an extra step, but all the same features are available.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Houstonwb » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:09 am

Thx for the quick reply.
Just to be clear, if I am using Bond & Treasury Bill, then another bond User-defined Investment type is NOT available?
Houstonwb

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:16 am

Hi Houstonwb,

Yes. Another way to say it is that another investment type that shows the bond properties in the New Investment dialog box is not available. However, you can still enter them, just using the Investment Properties... dialog box afterwards instead.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General