Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Choose Columns to Display Template Not Working

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby acacia » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:34 am

I have reported this in Feb as Support - Fund Manager Case #: 220208063821_60_241_140_244.

I can customise Portfolio Editor's columns and save it as a template, but I get these problems:
-Some of the templates don't refresh the screen after selection until I alter a column width, then the view refreshes.
-I build a view and reorder the columns, then save it as a new template. Then I select that template but the reordered columns are not remembered, they are in their default order. The template hasn't saved the customised column order.
-The first created template refreshes immediately on selection.
There seem to be problems with the templates and this makes them very difficult to use.
I had built several customised templates but they disappeared recently, I don't know why, but it may have been on an update. Is there a file that stores the custom templates somewhere?
acacia

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:58 am

Hi acacia,

What version of FM are you using? The Portfolio Editor templates are stored in the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\SETTINGS MEMTEMPLATE_PE<number>

Your global registry preferences are also stored in the *.FMB backups, so you could restore your global registry preferences from one of these backups.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General