Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Sub Portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby abafamrda » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:42 am

I've allocated a modest amount of funds from within an existing brokerage account containing stock, ETFs and mutual funds with the intention of mirroring this carve-out activity of a fund manager I would like to follow.

To distinguish performance between the previously existing equities and the target fund manager I've created a sub portfolio and moved those stocks aligned with the new fund manager into it. All is well and good with reporting and price retrieval until dividend activity occurs. When dividend transactions are downloaded from the Fidelity brokerage affecting equities in the top level portfolio they will be recorded in newly created, duplicate equities in the sub portfolio. To correct I manually enter that activity into the original top level equity and delete the duplicate.

What am I doing wrong? How do I otherwise track multiple portfolios within the confines of a single brokerage account?
abafamrda

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:26 pm

Hi abafamrda,

Make sure the existing investments are still underneath the account level sub-portfolio, and that they have the correct CUSIP assigned. You can compare with the CUSIP of the newly created investments. For example:

Code: Select all
- My Account
  - Tracking Fund Manager
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General