Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

signing into multiple accounts at once

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:00 am

I use FM to download from many accounts--a brokerage, three different IRAs, and a custodial account for a grandson. Lately I have had problems downloading, and I repeatedly get a message that my signon is not valid. I have actually changed my PW twice in the hope that I could fix the signon problem.

Today I noticed that the Transaction Retrieve Settings window has my correct ID and PW, but then shows my grandson's account number in the bottom box. I'm not sure why this is the only visible account number and am wondering if I this us why I am having download problems. What should be in that box for a multi-account download?
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:46 pm

Hi Mary Kennedy,

You should have 3 separate sub-portfolios, one for each of your accounts. Each sub-portfolio should have its associated username/pw and account number. If you're getting a signon invalid though, the account number isn't the problem, as that isn't used until after signing in. To help debug the issue, you might want to retrieve one at a time, so you can be certain which one is working/failing. To do this, right click on the sub-portfolio you want to retrieve, and choose "Retrieve Transactions...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General