Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

manual transation import

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby lbrandon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:09 am

Hi Mark;
I have been manually importing my stock dividends into FM for years.
I dnscovered this morning that my transactions have not been going to the stock dat file for all of 2009. I noticed a check box that says imporrt to default cash accountI unchecked but the imports still won't go to the correct investment file.
I have never setup a default cash account .
Can I set FM to import transactions to individual investment files?
Where would my default Cash account be if I never set one up?
When I tried to import transactions the list of items to import comes up.and it says so many transactions imported as it has always done .
Could the most recent FM be importing the transactions as hidden files?
I am using FM 9.4 I just checked my download file I have a file for FM9.1, 9.3, 9.5. I don't have a FM 9.4 download but in the help about in the FM program it says FM9.4
Lawrence Brandon
lbrandon

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Lawrence,

Are your transactions not going into the investment where the transaction happened, or are you just asking about the proceeds not going into a default cash account? I didn't quite follow what is going on.

When you import a transaction for investment XYZ, that transaction goes into investment XYZ. If you have a default cash account assigned and this investment used or generated any cash, that money will go into or come out of whatever investment you have designated as the default cash account. If you do not have a default cash account assigned, there is no corresponding entry automatically recorded.

Imports will go into the appropriate investment, even if it is marked as hidden. If you're suspecting this, you can turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" to see all your investments.

You can download 9.5 from our website. You do not need any prior version installed. The 9.5 installation includes all updates from all prior versions.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lbrandon » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Mark;
I checked every thing again to make sure I didn't over look any thing
In my programs download file I have a FM 9.5 download file. that I installed the day it was released. It loaded on Vista as a FM 9.4 version.
I tried to import January transactions but it was working OK in January . so I ended up with a extra january dividendin 4 investment files.I tried to imports Feburary transactions again this is the 4th time I have triedeach time I get a box with the 8 transactions to be imporeted with a check by eack transaction . I click next get a pop up saying imported 8 transactions. Icheck all 8 investments in the data registry /dividends none of the 2/09 transactions were recorded
Lawrence Brandon
lbrandon

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi Lawrence,

Please download 9.5 from our site, and install it. It will install version 9.5. I can't say what happened previously, but all you have to do is download/install 9.5.

When you import, look at what "Portfolio" and "Investment Name" are specified for each transaction in the "Preview Importing Transactions" dialog. Then, make sure you are looking in this same investment in the data register. Also, try using "Distributions (all)" if you're looking for a dividend in case it got categorized as a different type of distribution than you are expecting.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General