Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Newly created portfolio (TDA-5213) doesn't show up in lost o

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Larry Harter » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:36 pm

I created a new portfolio (TDA-5213) but it doesn't show up in the list of portfolios when you open portfolios. Why?
Larry Harter

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:08 pm

Did you create a new portfolio file (*.mm4), or a new sub-portfolio? Which "list of portfolios" are you referring to? Can you tell me what menu commands you're using?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Larry Harter » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:42 am

Mark-
I thought I created a .mm4 file, but it is not listed in the portfolios listed when opening portfolio. I did not create a sub portfolio, should I have?

Larry
Larry Harter

Postby Larry Harter » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:48 am

Mark-
I used the New Portfolio Wizard, under "select new portfolio Location" I chose Master Portfolio.

Then under File/Open Portfolio all the portfolios I have are shown, but the new portfolio name is not listed.

Larry
Larry Harter

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi Larry,

The New Portfolio Wizard is creating a new sub-portfolio. All your sub-portfolios are being saved under the one *.mm4 portfolio file. You can see the portfolio file you currently have open in the title bar. So, it is correct that you won't see the name of a sub-portfolio when using "File / Open Portfolio...". You really only need one portfolio file, and shouldn't generally need to change between different portfolio files. You can re-save your current portfolio file using "File / Save Portfolio As..." if you'd like to create another one, or rename it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General