Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Sector Labels

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4Profits » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:19 am

Mark,
I have been using Sector labels on my stocks and at times don't know the sector so I set up something like AI or 5G which are not real sectors. I decided to go through and remove all the sectors that were not in use from over the years and put in actual sectors which is going to be a major task. While doing so I noticed you can use MorningStar or Yahoo sectors as defaults. My questions are:
- Can I backup my sectors that I defined?
- Then can I select MorningStar or Yahoo sectors and have FM over write all of my defined Sectors.
- If I would like to go back Can I then Restore my defined sectors to overwrite Morning Star

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:48 am

Hi Jim,

Yes, you can do all of this, and backup/restore these Sector labels. You can either do it with "File / Backup..." and "File / Restore..." or directly through the registry, using regedit. If you use Backup/Restore, you would restore just the "Global Preferences". This will restore all of your preferences, not just the sector labels.

If you want to only restore sector labels you can use regedit. Before making changes, go to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\Sector Labels

and "export" that key to a file. You can use regedit to restore that file later if you want. Do these operations while FM is not running.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General