Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Currency Templates - Error opening files

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Vandring » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:42 am

Using FM 2022.17.0.100 B2 I have suddenly started having problems swapping currency templates. I have nothing on the currencies (as far as I recall) These templates have been in use for a long time. When I try to swap a template, I get the following error message:

Unable to find exchange rate investment for currency 'SEK'.
.\USDSEKX_1.dat is not open.
Continue opening currency template?

See attached screen shot. If I click yes, then all the currencies are changed from a 'currency investment' to a constant ratio.

What did I do? How do I fix it?
Attachments
FMB-CURR-TEMP-ERR.jpg
FMB-CURR-TEMP-ERR.jpg (15.4 KiB) Viewed 654 times
Vandring

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:27 am

Hi Vandring,

Do you have a file "USDSEKX_1.dat" open that is located in the same folder as your currently opened *.mm4 portfolio file? That is what FM is looking for. Did you maybe change the location of your portfolio file, but not the investments?

Look at the properties of your sub-portfolio to verify where the path of the currently opened *.mm4 portfolio file.

Next, see if you have this exchange rate investment open, and where it is saved. You can find this in a few places, but one place is under "Investment Properties... / Statistics".

Also, the official 2022 version has been released, so it is probably better to download that than to continue using the Beta version.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General