Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieving sector info failed for etf's

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rminoak » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:25 am

Hello,

Newbie here. I'm using the trial version and uploaded 2 of my accounts so far with Canadian stock and etf investments in them. I have each of the investments set up with the ticker pointing to the morningstar.com website. I have success getting the current and historical prices from morningstar.com as well as when I retrieve Asset Types for all my stocks and etf's. I have success when I retrieve Sector info for the stocks but the etf's are failing to upload the sector info even though I can see that the sector info is available when I look at the morningstar.com site for those etf's.

Is there something I'm missing to be able to retrieve the sector info for those ETF's? Hoping to find a way to avoid to manually enter them unless I have to. I've searched the forum and help info but I'm stuck at this point. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

I attached the log from one of the accounts.

Thanks,

Rob
Attachments
sectortoplog.txt
(701 Bytes) Downloaded 96 times
rminoak

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:57 am

Hi Rob,

Thanks for trying Fund Manager.

It is important to designate the investment type properly for asset/sector retrieval. For example, try changing the investment with the symbol XTSE:XBM to be an "Exchange Traded Fund" instead of a stock. I tested it here, and it is working with this setting. You can do this under "Investment Properties... / General".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rminoak » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:27 am

Thank you! I missed that step for the ETF's and it worked for the vast majority of my ETF's after I set the investment type properly.

There are a handful that I couldn't get to update still that I'll try to figure out over the weekend or next week. If not, then I'll update the sector info manually for them. I do like to see my allocation across sectors rolled up for all my accounts.

The ones I still wasn't able to automatically update the sectors at this point are the following, if you see something there that may be an issue or something else for me to try, but just wanted to get back to you that the majority of my other ETF's did work once I correctly set the investment type:

XTSE:HAC
XTSE:XGRO
XTSE:VRIF
XTSE:PRA
XTSE:HSAV
XTSE:PSA

Thanks again,

Rob
rminoak

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:56 am

Hi Rob,

We have just released an update to address this. These had some formatting slightly different. Please use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." to get quote module 566. Try retrieving sectors again after this.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General