Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom Investment Properties v User-Def Custom Report Fields

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby ThomasK » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi Mark,

This could be a square peg/round hole question...

I see that there are 10 Custom Investment Properties, and it looks like they can be fields in the Portfolio Editor, but I have no idea how or why.

For example, I created an equation for "Days Held" as a user-defined custom report field and can show that value in a report, but I cannot figure out how to see "Days Held" in the Portfolio Editor.

From the images below I show how I see how Custom Investment Properties (Custom1 through Custom10) can be created and appear in the Portfolio Editor. (e.g. "Days Held") and how I can create a (user-defined) custom report field via an equation for a Custom Report (e.g. "Days Held"), but I'm stumped as to how to use these two functions.

Question 1: What is the purpose of the Custom Investment Properties?

Question 2: How do I display (for example) "Days Held" in the Editor?

Thanks,
Thomas
FM - Custom Investment Properties.png
FM - Custom Investment Properties.png (54.01 KiB) Viewed 637 times

FM - User-Defined Custom Report Fields.png
FM - User-Defined Custom Report Fields.png (17.08 KiB) Viewed 637 times
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi Thomas,

Custom investment properties are not the same thing as a user-defined custom report field. You have named the 2 separate items the same, but they are not the same things. One is a property of an investment, and the other is a formula/field for the Custom report.

You can use Custom Investment Properties to track anything you want to related to each investment. For example, the expense ratio. See the example usage of this here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/expense_ratio.php

You cannot display a user-defined Custom Report field in the Portfolio Editor, you can only display these in a Custom Report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General