Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Client portal - VIEW

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby ManeeshAnneau » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:47 pm

Dear Mark,

Few Clients are requesting the options of not viewing historical trades (securities/products) they do not hold anymore. When they view their data via the web portal or mobile, they find it cumbersome.

Is there a possibility do decluster please?

With many thanks
ManeeshAnneau

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:39 am

Hi ManeeshAnneau,

Yes, you can do this. Make sure you hide any items that are no longer owned. Then, go to "Options / Mobile/Web Access / Preferences..." and un-check "Show Hidden Items". You can then re-upload holdings, and anything that is hidden will no longer be displayed in the Client Portal. We have a tutorial on how to hide investments/accounts.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ManeeshAnneau » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:33 am

Dear Mark,

Trust this message finds you well.

I recently did a move from Cloud to Portal Mode for one of my Portfolio (Set Data Location to an external hard drive).

However, I encountered a major issue whereby all my clients (sub-portfolios) 's online/web portal was assigned automatically to the Master Portfolio Account and unfortunately one client had the holdings of someone else uploaded and viewable onto his client portal/app.

I needed to confirm and understand what could have caused the issue and whether this kind of security breach can be avoided please?

With many thanks and kind regards,
Maneesha
ManeeshAnneau

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:09 am

Hi Maneesha,

Sorry to hear this. Do you use more than 1 portfolio file (*.mm4)? When you do a "Set Data Location" that moves all the open investments and the current *.mm4 file to the location specified. You are not moving just a single sub-portfolio. All the sub-portfolios are saved as part of your *.mm4 portfolio file, so when you move the data location, you're moving everything.

Clients (Edit / Client List...) are assigned to a specific *.mm4 file, so if you move your data, your clients are still associated with the *.mm4 file you originally assigned them to. You would need to also go in and move them to the new *.mm4 file if you want to do this. (Edit a client, and use the "Browse..." button.) If you move one of them, there will be an option to: "Use Same Portfolio File for All Clients", so you can easily move all your clients to the same *.mm4 file.

I suspect part of what happened was that you moved your data location, but didn't update your clients. (I think it would be a good option for us to add, to give you the choice if you also want to update the clients when moving the data.) However, if you tried to do an "Upload Holdings" from the new *.mm4 file, nothing would be uploaded, as none of your clients are associated with this new *.mm4 file. Maybe you can tell me the exact steps you took, or if you can reproduce this problem, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ManeeshAnneau » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:04 pm

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your prompt response. Much appreciated.

Indeed, if I remember I did not have the option to upload holdings and had to reassigned the client to the new Portfolio.mm4 on the external hard drive, once I "Set Data location" was done - which is the next step taken.

I noticed that the Account settings for each clients/sub-portfolios remained the same only so I did not have to recreate the account details.

Thanks once again
Maneesha
ManeeshAnneau

Postby ManeeshAnneau » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:57 pm

Dear Mark,

Trust that you are doing well.

I am reverting on the same post pertaining to Associated Portfolio in Client List (for my clients portal access).

Unfortunately, for few new clients, by default the Associated Portfolio is the Master Portfolio. If by mistake or forgetfulness the admin team doesn't link the relevant sub-portfolio to the client, the latter has view access on his client portal to ALL details through the master portfolio.

Can there be a way to not have the Sub-Portfolio as DEFAULT choice in the link "sub-portfolio" please?

Thank you,
Maneesha
ManeeshAnneau

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:53 am

Hi Maneesha,

Thanks for the feedback/idea. One option would be to add a new choice at the top of the list like "select a sub-portfolio", or maybe we could just add a check to see if the default of "Master Portfolio" is left selected on a new client, and give a warning.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General