Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

No window visible when I open my portfolio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby markan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:30 am

Hi

When I open my portfolio I cannot see any windows visible; the application looks exactly like it does when I have no portfolio open. I can still generate reports etc, but the main data window fails to display. It does display any new portfolio that I create though. It is as though I have the data open but the visible window closed.

Any thoughts on what could be causing it?
markan

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 am

Hi markan,

It sounds like your data is open, you just don't have any windows open. I'm guessing the "main data window" you're looking for is what is called the "Portfolio Editor" window. You can open this window by selecting "View / Portfolio Editor".

When you save your portfolio file (*.mm4), this remembers what windows you have open at the time. The next time you open this portfolio (which will be re-opened automatically the next time you start FM) all the same windows will be re-created. If you close your windows, you can just re-open them. There are 3 top level windows:

Portfolio Editor
Reports
Graphs

The Portfolio Editor window is opened with "View / Portfolio Editor". The report windows are opened under the "Reports" menu, and the graph window is opened by selecting something from the "Graphs" menu.

Another possibility is that your windows are open, but moved off your screen. If this is the case, use "Window / Tile Across" or one of these commands to re-position all your open windows.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby markan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:03 am

Thanks - I had pretty much assumed that that was the cause as it had followed an upgrade I think. I had even looked for the option to open the views of the data but had somehow missed them.

Thanks for the help - I will go and hang my head in shame :roll:
markan

Return to General