Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Unable to retrieve transactions for some Schwab accounts

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby thrombus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi, I just updated the software and changed the retrieve to the FDX servers. It worked for some of my Schwab accounts, but I have other retirement accounts at Schwab that are employer-sponsored plans for which I get transaction retrieve errors.

The web login for the failed accounts are at schwabplan.com rather than at schwab.com (though I do see those accounts summarized when I log into schwab.com). I wonder if this might indicate that I need a different access code to be used for these failed accounts. Under the transaction retrieve settings, I did notice two different FDX server choices: one is Charles Schwab - NEW, and the other is Schwab Retirement Plan Services - NEW.

I tried using Schwab Retirement Plan Services - NEW. However this choice takes me to the same Schwab page and it won't accept my other password for those accounts.

I hope my explanation makes sense. Would appreciate your assistance in getting this working, thank you.
thrombus

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi thrombus,

If you log into your Schwab account, and go to:

Service / Security Center / Third-Party Access to Account Information / Fund Manager

Do you see these problematic accounts listed? If not, they aren't available on the FDX server. You could ask Schwab about what it would take to get them added.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby thrombus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.

Yes those accounts are listed. In fact they were visible during the get access code procedure. But for some reason I get an error message when I try to retrieve the transactions on just those accounts.

Is there any difference between Charles Schwab - NEW, and the Schwab Retirement Plan Services - NEW servers?
thrombus

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi thrombus,

What does the error message say?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby thrombus » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Nothing useful, just failed to retrieve (see attached).
Attachments
Schwab retrieve error.JPG
Schwab retrieve error.JPG (37.63 KiB) Viewed 3835 times
thrombus

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:42 pm

Hi thrombus,

Both Charles Schwab - NEW and Schwab Retirement Plan Services - NEW are the same. If you only use Charles Schwab - NEW with all of your accounts, and with the same access code, does that work? If not, can you please email me your log file from "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)..." right after retrieving only 1 of these problematic accounts?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby thrombus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:44 pm

Ok I've made a little progress - while looking at the log I saw a message about an invalid date. I found that under transaction retrieve settings, if I change the "date range to retrieve" from the default starting date of 1/1/1970 to a more recent date then the retrieve process completes with no error. It also worked if I set it to "all dates".

However, now I have a new issue after retrieval that the transaction importing window is blank with no transactions listed. When I look in the ofxretr log, I see what looks like the correct data under the fdxtrans.json section. So looks like the data is being retrieved correctly, but for some reason not being processed. If I reconcile the account, there is a discrepancy between the empty account and the retrieved information.

I did try retrieval with and without the "skip transactions already under fund manager", but I still don't get any transactions in the window. I have "create new investments as needed" chosen.

Any ideas where to go from here?
thrombus

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi thrombus,

Is your account number set correctly, and matching the accountId shown in the log file for the transactions?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby thrombus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi Mark - I went and cleared the account number from the retrieve settings and did another retrieve. The pseudo account number filled in again but still no transactions appeared.

When I looked at the log file, the account number does match the log file entry.

Thanks for your continued help.
thrombus

Postby thrombus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:53 pm

I noticed that there is a missing transaction in one of my other Schwab accounts that seems to be otherwise working. But when I look at the log file, the data is being retrieved.

So maybe my problem is not for this particular new account but rather that certain transactions are being ignored? Would it help for me to send you the log files of these transactions?
thrombus

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi thrombus,

Not sure why the account number wouldn't match... Did you only retrieve a single account? The log file is overwritten after each account is retrieved, so only the last retrieve will be shown in the log file.

Yes, please retrieve just one problematic account for a short date range that has at least 1 transaction, and then send me the log file from Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby thrombus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Mark - I think you might have read my message wrong -- the account number DOES match the log. Also yes, I have been retrieving one account at a time.

Will get you the log file. Thank you.
thrombus

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Hi thrombus,

Sorry, you're right, I did misread that. Okay, that at least makes better sense. Yes, please email me the log, and I'll take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby codybear » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:40 am

Has this ever been resolved? Additionally, I don't even see the "NEW" options in the download (using latest 2018 updates). My wife has an employer sponsored 401(k) at Schwab. I don't have high hopes as I can't even locate an account number, but I did see:

Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. offers Direct Connect for Quicken

So, I thought I would ask. Otherwise, they do offer .csv downloads that I'll run through a conversion program, which creates an importable formatted file for FM.
codybear

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:00 am

Hi codybear,

Yes, the interface with Schwab is working, but you need to be using Fund Manager 2020 or later. It isn't supported under FM 2018. With FM 2020 you will see the "Charles Schwab - NEW" interface. This new interface works a bit differently, in that you need to sign in through Schwab and get an access code before you can use it. Instructions are here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... ersion.php
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General