Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Editor

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby chris319 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:26 am

Brand new Fund Manager user here.

A couple of issues regarding the Portfolio Editor:

1. I deleted a transaction but the transaction still appears in the Portfolio Editor with a share balance of 0. Is there any way to make this deleted transaction disappear from the Portfolio Manager?

2. I made a few buy transactions without depositing any cash into the account. The account value now shows as the total market value of the securities purchased. To my way of thinking, the account should now have a negative cash balance owing to the fact that no cash was ever deposited to the account.

3. Is there a way to make transaction dates appear in the Portfolio Editor?

Thank you
chris319

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:42 am

Hi chris319,

Welcome to Fund Manager.

1) There is a difference between a transaction and an investment. Investments contain transactions/prices. The Portfolio Editor lists investments and sub-portfolios. Deleting all the transactions from an investment, does not delete the investment. You can "close" the investment, which will remove it from Fund Manager, and the Portfolio Editor.

2) You will want to set up a default cash account. This is optional, but when you have one, any money used to purchase shares will be deducted from this cash investment. Please see our Tracking Cash Tutorial.

3) No. The Portfolio Editor doesn't list transactions, just investments/sub-portfolios. If you want to see the transactions, double click on an investment to open it up in the Data Register or create an Investment Transaction report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General