Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

starting over new

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby reddragon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 am

I have been using Fund Manager for quite some time about 8 years. I recently moved all my accounts over to Schwab institution and would like to start over pulling data from there. How do I proceed doing that and will I have to set up each individual account again?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 am

Hi reddragon,

If you don't want the history before moving to Schwab, just use the New Portfolio Wizard for each of your accounts. Schwab is only going to have the history going back to the transfer of assets into Schwab. If you do want to keep history, then you can just change the account number and broker in the properties of the sub-portfolio for each account, and ignore the transfer transactions when they are retrieved.

Yes, you would need to run the New Portfolio Wizard for each account if you choose to start over.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:09 pm

Thanks, some of the accounts have been switched over to the institutional side from Schwab Retail. They have the same acct number but to get the data you have to do a data transfer on the institutional side now. I,m not sure how this is done in there a video on this?

Jon
reddragon

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi Jon,

If you already have your accounts in FM, I would suggest simply un-checking the "Transfer" transactions if they show up when you retrieve transactions. It doesn't sound like you would need to change anything else since you are still with the same broker and the account numbers haven't changed.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Hello is there instructions somewhere for using Schwab Data delivery on the institutional side?

Thanks Jon
reddragon

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:03 pm

Hi Jon,

See the documentation specific to Schwab Data Delivery, as well as an overview of the Institutional Import process.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:26 am

Thanks, at this point I think this is over my head. It is much to time consuming and difficult for me as a one person shop to do this. Do you know of a way I can hire this out and pay someone to do this? Does Fund Manager have a service?

Jon
reddragon

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:17 am

Hi Jon,

Sorry, this isn't a service we offer...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General