Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Save/Autosave

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby janfl133 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:29 am

Last week my program worked fine. This week i can not save my portfolio in any manner.
I opened the program, retrieved prices, downloaded new module, retrieved transactions and now i cannot save the portfolio.

Please help.
janfl133

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:50 am

Hi janfl133,

What happens when you try? Do you get some error message? How are you trying to save (what menu command)?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:44 am

First I downloaded Prices, it seemed to save (save icon). Then I downloaded Transactions (save Icon) Fund Manager Message: "Could not save Portfolio". Now when I use the save Icon, I get the following (for every investment):Could not save data for Fidelity Value FDVLX. Path is: C:\Users\PCUser\Documents\Documents (9)\FUND MANAGER\Fund Manager\FDVLX_159241202.dat.

When I "Save Portfolio as" : Documents\MyDocuments\FUND MANAGER\Fund Manager I get the message that this file already exists. Do you want to replace it? I say yes and I get the message: Could not save Portfolio.

So, no matter which command I use to save, it is not saving.
janfl133

Postby janfl133 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:38 am

I noticed there is a new update for v 2020, I have PV 2018.15.5.100
QM:562
TM:246

Would it make sense for me to download the new version now or wait until I have this problem fixed.

Also, I back up my Documents to an external drive. Would it make sense for me to restore those files to my hard drive? They were downloaded about 2 weeks ago.

Thanx for your help.
janfl133

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 am

Hi janfl133,

I'm guessing you have a permissions issue blocking the save. The path to your Fund Manager folder is under a "Documents (9)", which is a bit unusual. Please try this:

1) Use File Explorer in Windows to go create a new folder called "New Fund Manager" under your regular "My Documents" folder.
2) Start up Fund Manager, and open your portfolio file if it isn't already open.
3) Use "File / File Operations / Set Data Location..." and set the data location to this "New Fund Manager" folder you just created.
4) Use "File / Save Portfolio" to double check you can save your portfolio file.

After you do all this, you can upgrade to FM 2020 if you'd like.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General