Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report Trend

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4Profits » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:31 am

Mark,
Not sure where this question belongs so I put it here.

If you go to reports you can generate a snapshot of the current value of a portfolio. But, is it possible to get a trend of the value of a portfolio over time say YTD or some other time span.
Basically this would e a trend of the the snapshot going back x amount of time.

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:26 am

Hi Jim,

Yes, this is the "Portfolio Performance" report. It shows the value at the beginning/end, how much went in/out, and your gain/loss.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:18 am

But is there any way to have this value shown in a fake portfolio that can be trended?
4Profits

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 am

What do you mean by fake portfolio? You can run this report for any sub-portfolio, just like you can the Portfolio Value report. You can only run reports on existing sub-portfolios, so if there's something you want to analyze, you'll need to create it in FM before you can run a report on it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby techwormi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:15 pm

In portfolio report you can get the reports about profit or loss
INDFX
Last edited by techwormi on Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
techwormi

Postby 4Profits » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:10 am

I have several portfolios for myself and my wife Each rollover IRA's and Each a Roth plus we have a trust fund. I was wanting to trend the value of each portfolio over time. What I did is create fake investments for each f-MyIRA, f-HerIRA, f-MyRoth, f-HerRoth and f-OurTrust in a
fPortfolioValues portfolio. Then at the end of each day I log onto the accounts and log what the ending value is for each. I have never been able to keep the cash up to-date with auto downloads so I just do it manually. Now I can put alerts on the actual portfolio values and see how they do over time. A trend is much more informative to me than looking at a spread sheet report.

It gives me a picture. This is one of the reasons I have been pushing for some improvements on graphs like buy sell symbols for stocks alerts that have different colors for different alert values and actually showing the alert for moving averages like all other alerts. But I will keep asking

Jim
4Profits

Return to General