Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cash / Change Default Cash Account Name

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Glenn Hall » Sat May 22, 2021 10:19 am

How do I change the listed name of a cash account. I have had no success going through the Re-Create Default Cash Transactions Dialog or the Default Cash Account pages. The account has a listed name of cash xxxxx which is the xxxxx is of another account.

I would assume that I would have to start over with the account which is not an acceptable option as it has a password associated with it that you tell me there is no access available in Fund Manager and TD Ameritrade was was of no help in that matter either.

Hopefully there is a method built in to Fund Manager that can do this and I have not been able to find it.

Respectfully,
Glenn Hall
Glenn Hall

Postby Mark » Sat May 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi Glenn,

To change the investment that is assigned as the default cash account, go to the “Properties...” of the sub-portfolio.

To change the name of an investment, go to the “Properties...” of that investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Glenn Hall » Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 am

Mark,

The first part of your answer I can do. The second part: I cannot find a method of accessing the cash account to be able to change the name.

I have recorded a .wmv movie of my steps to accomplish the first part of your answer in hope that would facilitate my problem.

I can left click on the sub-portfolio and it will list all of the investments but not 'cash'.

Glenn
Glenn Hall

Postby Mark » Mon May 24, 2021 5:35 am

Hi Glenn,

If you select the subportfolio that contains the investment, you can see all its contents listed on the right side of the Portfolio Editor. Select the subportfolio on the left side. If you don’t see some investment, it might be hidden. Turn on View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios.

If you want to email me your video, or a link to it, I can take a look at that.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General