Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retriving original TDA password

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Glenn Hall » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:50 am

Mark,

Current Personal Fund Manager 2020 / Start Personal Fund Manager 8.x

I am trying to find the 'Original Password' that I had set three accounts with TD Ameritrade. I have lost all reference as to what they were when I originally set up the accounts. Too many years and way too much paper work!

I contacted my broker, who had no record of those, and then called TDA without any resolution of what my password is for the original 3 accounts. TDA refered me back to you. I believe the passwords to be stored within the Fund Manager software and encrypts and displays with ****** in the TDA account update. I know the TDA 'Think or Swim' software stores their software password on my computer and encrypts it to operate the program.

I would like to be able to recover that password as I am planing to add a few more accounts that would use it. Would appreciate your help in solving this problem.

Glenn Hall
Glenn Hall

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi Glenn Hall,

Yes, the password is stored encrypted, and you can't read it from the dialog box either. It is kind of a one-way system, where once you enter it, it is stored encrypted/saved. Hopefully you can reset your password on your accounts, and then update it in FM again.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General