Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to post inline images in a thread?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rlaggren » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:44 pm

I'm afraid I don't know exactly how the "Img" tag works, exactly. I could figure it out by experimenting but that would dump a bunch of trash messages into the forums and that doesn't seem right.

I'd like to post several screenshot images, closely spaced one after that other, to illustrate a Q. It will help greatly if the images appear inline and close below each other. Will images appear in the post vertically in order if I "Attach" them?

Or, do I need to use the "Img" tag? If I use the "Img" tag, do I need to put the images on one of the online servers? What goes inside the "Img" tag? I'm assuming a url link, but, eg., can I grab a link to an attachment I make to the same message?

To avoid the image hosting server (threads with important images "linked out" become damaged when their url dies - that seems to happen often in the forums I visit), can I attach screenshot images to a dummy message to get them onto the FM forum server and then compose my actual question message, locate the links to the images in my Profile, and place those links in the "Img" tag in the message with my Q?

Or, as I mentioned above, is there a way to get my image files (4) up on the FM forum server and use the "Img" tag to place images inline - while composing one single message?

Thx for any help.
Rufus
rlaggren

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 am

Hello rlaggren,

You can use the "Upload attachment" tab below where you compose to pick an image file to attach/insert.

uploadattach.jpg
Upload Attachment Picture
uploadattach.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 779 times

Once you choose the file, click "Add the file", and then you will have the option to click "Place inline" where you want it included in your message. For example:

placeinline.jpg
Place Inline
placeinline.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 779 times

Finally, use the "Preview" button so you can see what it will look like, before you actually "Submit" the post.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General