Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Program Help

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby elliots » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:49 am

Mark

The help within the program doesn't display the detail -- I'm guessing this is a generic Vista problem. The web site FAQ and Documentation sections go a long way towards helping, but the detailed help file would help even more. Is there a way that could be made available?

Elliot
elliots

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Elliot,

This should work, and I don't believe it is a wide-spread problem. It works okay on Vista here. What specifically happens when you choose "Help / Contents..." from the main menu? Do you get some error, or does just nothing happen? If you look in the folder where you installed Fund Manager, do you see a file "fm.chm"? What happens if you double click on this file?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:28 am

Mark,

When I open HELP, I can go to the index and select a topic. Neither double-clicking on the item or hitting Display while the item is highlighted does anything (no error message and no other window opens). If I double-click on the "chm" file, it opens the help window but again I can't get to actual the help text.
elliots

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi elliots,

To the right of the index listing should be a big window section, where whatever you double click on in the index, its contents are displayed there. Do you see this section of window? If so, what is in it now? If not, maybe your window is half off the screen, or re-sized too small. Try maximizing your window, or moving it back onto the screen, or you can re-position the vertical divider between the index on the left and this window on the right.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:31 am

Mark,

You nailed it! Help was opening a window that only showed the left pane -- it was sized exactly to that pane and there was no horizontal scroll bar so I didn't know the other pane was there.

Thanks,

Elliot
elliots

Return to General