Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transactions updates

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4MoreProfits » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:57 am

Mark,
For years when I do a transaction update (usually every day or two the software remembers the last update date and starts from there. For some reason it now goes back to some previous date. Not sure if it goes back to when the program or computer was last started. Has some thing changed?
Also when you add a new investment It would be great if the add date would default to todays date.

Jim
4MoreProfits

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 am

Hi Jim,

There was a bug that got introduced in 2020.16.5, but fixed in 2020.6.6, which you can get on the download page now.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4MoreProfits » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks, I must of missed that one. Will give it a try. Have a happy holidays and keep up the good work it is appreciated.

Jim
4MoreProfits

Postby dellwo » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:37 pm

I'm here for the same issue. Thanks for the update.
You should send an e'mail out.
dellwo

Postby 4MoreProfits » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:37 am

Mark,
I installed the latest update and it seems to still have the problem. When I open the Retrieve Transaction form the from date seems to default to the last time FM was opened. In my case It runs for weeks on end with my computer. This reminds me of another item that I
would like to mention. When adding a new investment the date should default to todays date not some random date form weeks or months ago. It seems you could look at the system date and use the current date. Just a thought.

For now I will keep monitoring the updates to see if it is actually working correctly again.
4MoreProfits

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:55 am

Hi 4MoreProfits,

The first time it will default to the old date, but once you retrieve a sub successfully, and save your portfolio file, the next time the new "From" date should default to the date of your last retrieve.

The New Investment date defaults to the date of your last entered transaction. It is the date most recently used. The idea is if you set up one investment for a particular date, the next one defaults to that same date. This most recently used date is global, so whatever prior transaction you entered will set it.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4MoreProfits » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:19 am

Mark,
I retrieved yesterday with dates back to the 28th. This morning it defaulted to the 28th again so I changed it to the 29th. It still retrieved to the 28th again. When I canceled it and ran it again it defaulted to the 30th so I changed it to the 29th and it ran fine. It seemed to want to update options that were bought to close on the 28th. Don't look for anything yet let me run it through next week. I will monitor it.

Thanks.

PS.
It would be nice to have a selection to default to todays date for a global setting except for retrieval which would be the last date retrieved. This could apply to Transactions, notes, trend lines ect.
4MoreProfits

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:17 am

You might find the keyboard shortcut 't' to be helpful. In any date control, type the letter 't' and it will change to today's date. There are many other keyboard shortcuts like this.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General