Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graphs

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby HCPierce » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Mark: I now have the portfolios and sub-portfilios as we discussed and to my liking. I sort sub-portfolios on the "Value" column in decending order. To view the sub-portfolio, I usually use "Graph, Cost-Value". The problem I'm having is that each time I return to the Cost Value graphs for a given sub-portfolio, I have to re-establish the date range and the vertical scale which has been "Auto scaled". If I have the date range and vertical scales set to my preference for cost value viewing a given sub-portfolio file, how do I get these settings to persist for this sub-portfolio and still be present at the next graph viewing of this set of sub-portfolio files.

Best regards,
H. C. Pierce, Dana Point, CA
HCPierce

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:43 am

Hello H.C. Pierce,

Date ranges and vertical scale settings are now memorized separately for each sub-portfolio. Once you set them how you want for each sub-portfolio, use "File / Save Portfolio", and in the future when you switch back to that sub-portfolio in a graph, the last settings you used will be restored.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby HCPierce » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:03 pm

Mark:
First - I'm using FM 8.7/388/125
Next - I start out clicking FM on the desktop. The Master portfolio comes up and a sub-portfolio is selected. I click Graphs and select Cost - Value and the graphs appear. The Vertical axis is always set to Auto Scaling. The horizontal axis is always scaled Earliest to Date.

I change both axes to the scaling I prefer. I click the single floppy icon in the toolbar. I click the double floppy icon in the toolbar. I then click the File tab and then click Save All Investments. I click the File tab and then click Save Portfolio. I x out of the graphs and return to the presentation of the sub-portfolio investments sorted by decending value. The sub-portfolio name highlighted. I click the File tab and click Save All Investments. I click the File tab and click Save Portfolio. I highlight Master Portfolio and again click the File tab and click Save All Investments. I click the File tab and click Save Portfolio. I x out of FM.

I return to FM and enter in the sequence shown above and when I reach the Cost - Value graphs the scaling I just created is gone and the vertical axis is again Auto Scaling and the horixontal axis is again Earliest to Date.

Why don't the graphs remain scaled as I left them??? What am I doing wrong????

Best regards,
"Chuck"
H. C. Pierce, Dana Point, CA
HCPierce

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:24 am

Hi Chuck,

The reason is that you are closing the graph window, and then re-saving your portfolio. The date range and scale preferences are associated with each graph window. When you close that graph window, and re-save your portfolio, you are saving without the graph window. If you closed out of Fund Manager after saving and without closing the graph window, then your preferences will be restored as you saved.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General