Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transferring stock

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby henrikk » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:26 pm

I transferred some stock from one brokerage to another. When I retrieve transactions the TxOut/TxIn are recorded and downloaded. I need to manually set the Market Value and OOP Value on the TxIn stock. When I do that, however, the same TxOut/TxIn transaction is not skipped when I retrieve transactions that cover the date in question (I have "Skipped Transactions Already in Find Manager Investment" checked). The TxOut/TxIn transaction is skipped (once retrieved) if I do not alter the Market Value and OOP Value, but not skipped once I enter those values.

Can this be fixed?

A more general and better fix would be to mark certain retrieved transaction to be ignored and those be ignored for future retrieves unless action is taken by the user.
henrikk

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:43 am

Hi henrikk,

The filter option to skip already imported transactions works by matching up retrieved transactions with recorded transactions, and comparing them. FM doesn't remember all the details of already imported transactions, it only knows what is recorded currently in FM. This could of course be changed/improved, but as of now, if you change a transaction from how it was retrieved, that option won't prevent it from being imported again. However, if you use the date range filter, this will prevent it from being retrieved again. By default, FM remembers the date of your last retrieve, and sets the start date to that, so that you aren't retrieving the same dates more than once. This should prevent these modified transactions from being pulled in a second time.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General