Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Backup question

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Arrow » Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 am

Hello Mark,
I'm in the evaluation time with the Pro version, thanks for your job.
I'm unfortunately fond of futures but I have found that FM is very helpful any way,
even though Interactive Brokers is not the best platform to import from.

1. Is it correct to say that I can have only one Master Portfolio open at the same
time and therefore I can backup only that very one ?

2. I have the same need as your answer in a previous post of 2017

" Hi adrianrees,
It depends if you want to consider these expenses for the portfolio, which would reduce performance, or just withdrawals to pay expenses outside the portfolio. If you want to include these expenses in your portfolio's returns, record them as Account Fees. If you do not want to include them in your returns, record them as Sell transactions of cash. Account Fees are just a distribution, but recorded with negative values for the shares/value. The price remains at 1. For example, if you have a $100 expense, record a Reinvested Distribution of type "Account Fee" and set the shares to -100 and the value to -$100, and the price at $1."

I've found that it works and I'm interested to register them in order to reduce my portfolio performance.
If I select graph and then select value I can see the crosses where I both spent money on account fees and negative interests with the amount and the date though the labels show
always the word "reinvested xxxshares at price... for total amount . .. on date...
Is it possible to change those labels so they say "Account Fee" or "interests" ?
Thanks in advance for your answer
Arrow
Arrow

Postby Mark » Sat May 02, 2020 8:04 am

Hi Arrow,

Thanks for trying Fund Manager.

1) Yes, this is correct. It is usually best to only use a single *.mm4 portfolio file, and make use of sub-portfolios. See our Sub-Portfolio Tutorial. You can have as much sub-portfolio hierarchy as you want, so you can organize things in whatever way you need and still only using a single *.mm4 portfolio file. It makes data management easier, as all your data is always open, so doing things like price updates and backups only need to be done once, for all your data.

2) Sorry, no, you cannot customize the text in those popup tooltips over graph markers. Maybe something we can offer in the future...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General