Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

e-mails

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby reddragon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Configuring my e-mail to e-mail reports to clients.

Currently I get a message saying, ensure your e-mail clients properly configured for simple MAPI.
How do I configure my e-mail for this?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi reddragon,

This feature requires that you have an email client that supports MAPI. It is a Messaging API, that allows FM to request your email client send some email. Programs like Outlook support this. It has to be a local email program, it can't be sent through a web email for example.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:12 am

Thanks, I have outllook but how do I set it up? Is there a tutorial?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:18 am

Hi reddragon,

We don't have a tutorial on this. Please try going into Windows and making sure Outlook is set to have all its default associations. If you still have troubles, please let me know what version of Outlook you have, and I might be able to find better instructions. You can also search Google for how to make Outlook <your version> the default email program in Windows.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:47 am

I had the Geek Squad do what you said in last post. Still can not e-mail from FM. I downloaded to a cvs file and tried to e-mail that way but it is not visably viewable? Any suggestions I,m using outlook 2018.
reddragon

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:58 am

Hello reddragon,

Is Outlook designated as your default email program? Please see this web article:

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlo ... il-client/

Are you using a 32 or 64 bit version of Outlook?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Hello, I have been working with the geek squad to see if they can fix my outlook so I can send e-mails from Fund Manager in regards to charts and graphs. They were unable to get my computer to send e-mails from Fund Manager. Her is what they said can u help?

Hi,

Thanks again for trusting Geek Squad with your tech support needs! Please contact us again anytime you have questions or concerns. Were here 24/7, and always ready to help you get the most out of your home technology!

Thanks & Regards
Agent Arpit
Agent Arpit - 8/13/2020

Hi John,

I really apologies that I could not fix your issue as I checked all the possible way, tried to change the outlook settings, to MAPI, then enable and disable MAPI, then try to configure outlook through EAS but it was showing missing server.10.20.25.120 . Then I checked with IMAP the mails are coming and receiving on outlook. Then try to default email settings as Mail then restart the computer and then try to set as outlook then again restart but no use, still getting the same error, So told you to contact to Fund Manager, that server end they need to change.

Regards,
Agent Debaparna.
Agent Debaparna - 8/13/2020
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi reddragon,

Despite the similar names, IMAP and MAPI are 2 different things. Fund Manager uses MAPI (Messaging API) to talk with your default email client. There is no "server" involved. It is just Fund Manager communicating with Outlook via MAPI, and it asks Outlook to send an email with whatever your default email account is currently set to.

Did you ever check whether you are using the 32 or 64 bit version of Outlook? It must be the 32 bit version in order to work with Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:49 am

Hi fund manager, the outlook on my computer is 64 bit. Is there another e-mail platform that I can use with this program?

Jon
reddragon

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:19 am

Hi Jon,

Fund Manager is a 32 bit application, so it can only communicate using the 32 bit version of MAPI. So, to use the email features, you would need a 32 bit email client that supports MAPI, like Outlook, but the 32 bit version. The 32 bit version of Outlook runs fine on 64 bit versions of Windows, so one option would be to switch to the 32 bit version of Outlook.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General