Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity Cash Management Account doesn't retrieve transactio

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby drwehby » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:42 am

Hello Mark,
In addition to brokerage and IRA accounts at Fidelity, I also have a cash management account ("CMA"), which I use for writing checks. I successfully retrieve transactions from the brokerage and IRA accounts, but not the CMA account (CMA transactions are transfers in/out, interest earned, checks written, etc). Is there some way to retrieve the CMA transactions? Or should I download the transactions for this account as a csv, format as needed, and then import?
Thanks.
drwehby

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 am

Hi drwehby,

If you use the New Portfolio Wizard and retrieve from Fidelity with an empty account number, do you see this CMA account listed as available for you to retrieve? It may be a "banking" account instead of an "investment" account. FM only supports investment accounts.

Yes, if you can't retrieve it, you options are to download/import or manually enter transactions. CSV is an option, but is usually more difficult to import. With CSV you'll likely have to massage the data/transaction codes. If they offer a OFX, QFX, or QIF file, those are standardized, and easier to import.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drwehby » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:15 am

Ah! The New Portfolio Wizard -- forgot about that. Yes, that worked to set up retrieval, and retrieval appears to be working now. No need for the download work-around. Thanks!
drwehby

Return to General