Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graph Dates

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby 4MoreProfits » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:04 am

Mark,
I track a lot of stocks in addition to the ones I own. Yesterday I made a mistake and did a View, Dates, Earliest price to date and applied to all open investments. Needless to say I got something I was not expecting. I also tried the earliest transaction. It used the earliest date of the oldest stock as the dates for all the investments. Is there any way to view all open investments with a function like the button on the menu that has a lot of fix dates but also has the TRN as a selection that I can apply to all open investments. If not it would be great to add that to the view, dates selection as an option.

Thanks,
Jim
4MoreProfits

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi Jim,

You can do this now. If you use "View / Dates...", choose "Earliest transaction to date", "Apply Changes to All Open Investments", and "Re-calculate Pre-Defined Range for Each Investment".

You can also accomplish the same thing by selecting "TRN" from the toolbar drop-down while holding down Shift on the keyboard. From the online help:

For investment based graph types you can hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while making a selection from the dropdown combination box. Holding down the Shift key will cause the date range selection to be applied to all open investments. Otherwise, it is only applied to the topmost investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:41 am

What is considered an open investment?
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:46 am

Any investment open in the program (hidden or not) is considered open.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General