Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

how to keep track of sold shares

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Erik » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:11 am

Hi,
I am looking for an easy way to keep track of shares that I sold. Just to see whether selling them was a wise decision on the long(er) run. Or whether I should better buy a monkey and let him decide in future ;)

I was thinking of creating a shadow-portfolio just for that purpose. What would be a fast way to get all sold investments + shares in there..? Any ideas?
Thanks & regards,
Erik
Erik

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Erik,

A couple of options:

1) Use File Explorer and go make copies of the investment files you want to watch. Open up these copies in this new sub-portfolio, and then go delete the sell transaction.

2) The same idea as #1, but you can use "File / File Operations / New Investment from Existing..." to do this. After duplicating all your investments, you again would go delete the sell transactions from these copies.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:31 am

Thank you Mark, that sounds easy.. I was afraid that copying + removing sold transactions would affect the original portfolio as well, but I understand now that creating new investments (from existing) is the way to go. Thanks, Erik
Erik

Return to General