Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

change Fx price downloaded

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby alciati » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi Marc
with the new version I have problems with the valuation of cash holdings In different currency.
I used the Symbol USD for EURUSD, now I updated using Yahoo and USD is ticker for Ultra Semi Conductor while I used a fixed rate of 1.
how can I cancel the downloaded price and put a fixed rate of 1 also for previous dates?
Same for NOK that I used as Simbol for EURNOK, but is now Nokia.
Thanks

Andrea
alciati

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:31 am

Hi Andrea,

I am understanding that your cash investments were inadvertently updated with pricing when you retrieved prices. If so, here is how you can fix it:

1) To stop future price retrieves from updating, go to "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve", and turn OFF "Price Retrieve". This is the default if you choose "Cash" for the investment type when you create the investment.

2) Use the Data Register, and select "Prices" from the "Data Type" drop-down. Here you can select all the non-1 prices at once, and choose "Delete". If you have a transaction on a particular date, it won't allow you to delete those prices, but you can instead "Edit" them, and set them back to 1.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alciati » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:52 am

Thanks. As this is for cash account there are thousands of transactions tgat had a price of 1.
Is there any investment that, if i download price, remains fixed at 1, in case others had same problem?

Otherwise i need to recover from last backup
The issue is that i do not remember yo have cganged any settings and last week before i bought new version all was working.
Is this something that happened because of changes in the new version?

Thanks
alciati

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:02 am

Hi Andrea,

Retrieving prices should not change any of your transaction prices, only closing prices. If you had incorrect closing prices recorded in your default cash and then retrieved/imported transactions, this would cause your default cash account to record transactions with incorrect (non-1) transaction prices. Is this maybe what you're seeing? Are your cash transactions or closing prices recorded with the incorrect price? Use the Data Register and look at both "All Transactions" and "Prices" data types to see each.

I cannot think of anything related to the new version that has changed here.

I'm a bit confused as to whether these are cash investments or exchange rates? EURUSD and EURNOK sound like exchange rates, and not cash. Cash is not the same as an exchange rate. Cash should be kept fixed at 1 for all closing prices and transactions. Exchange rates have closing prices that record the exchange rate between 2 different currencies.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General